| NGO TRUTH FOR JUSTICE: WEB SITE KAPIJA.BA HAS BEEN STARTED IN REMEMBRANCE OF 71 PEOPLE KILLED IN TUZLA
TUZLA, May 25 (FENA) – The non-governmental organization Association Truth for Justice (Udruženje Istina za pravdu), which acts from 2006 in Tuzla, has started web site www.kapija.ba on the occasion of annotating May 25, the day when forces of RS Army killed 71 people from Tuzla with the grenade shut from Ozren, it was announced from BMG Bosnian Media Group Tuzla...
NASER ORIC CONVICTED
Tribunal judges today convicted Naser Oric, a former senior commander of Bosnian Muslim forces in and around Srebrenica, of failing to take steps to prevent the murder and cruel treatment of a number of Serb prisoners in the former UN ‘safe area’. They sentenced Oric to two years' imprisonment.
Serb Convicted for Videotaped Killings
An ethnic Serb seen killing Muslims in a nationally televised video was convicted of war crimes Thursday and sentenced to 15 years in prison, with the judge saying he had shown "no mercy of compassion" for his victims...
Ivica Rajic: I feel guilty because I am guilty!
Ivica Rajic pleads guilty to four counts of the indictment, following a plea agreement with the Office of the Prosecutor. The prosecution and defense recommend a sentence of 12 to 15 years in prison. Rajic agreed to "full and substantial cooperation with the prosecutor", including "truthful testimony in any proceedings".
Bosnia grave yields 482 Srebrenica victims
Forensic experts said on Sunday they had unearthed the remains of 482 Muslim victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre from the third biggest mass grave found so far in the Balkan country...
19.473 members of RS Army and Police took part in events in Srebrenica
The Srebrenica Working Group has established that 19.473 members of the RS Army, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Interior, out of a total number of 25.093 members of these formations, took place in the events in Srebrenica...
ICTY: MERON PRESENTS 12TH ANNUAL REPORT TO UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY
UNITED NATIONS, October 11 (FENA) – Presenting the twelfth annual report to the UN General Assembly, President of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, Theodor Meron, thanked the participating states of the UN for the critical support they have long afforded to the Tribunal, which has allowed the historic vision of the Tribunal to become a tangible and compelling force in the quest for peace, justice and reconciliation in the region of former Yugoslavia.
| Dutch defence minister honours Srebrenica troops
Dutch Defence Minister Henk Kamp on Monday awarded medals to soldiers whose withdrawal from the U.N. enclave of Srebrenica in 1995 led to the massacre of 8,000 Muslims, Europe's worst killings since World War Two.
u December 05 2006 - 13:24:50Opširnije -
6864 čitanja -
"In front of God, I'm certainly guiltyY"
BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro-A defendant in the trial of five Serb militiamen charged with the 1995 videotaped execution of six Bosniaks [Bosnian Muslims] acknowledged Tuesday that he taken part in the shooting, but said he was following orders...
u February 22 2006 - 09:19:23Opširnije -
7617 čitanja -
Serbs tried over Srebrenica video
Five former members of a Serbian police unit called the Scorpions have gone on trial in Belgrade for their alleged part in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.
They are the first Serbs to be tried by a Serbian court over the massacre, the worst atrocity in Europe since 1945.
It is claimed the men are those who appear in a video shown at the trial of Slobodan Milosevic, in which six Bosnian Muslims are shot in the back.
u December 20 2005 - 13:40:59Opširnije -
9619 čitanja -
Another mass grave site uncovered
Zvornik 25.10.2005. – Experts estimate that the remains of several dozen Bosnians are buried in the mass grave site recently found fifty kilometres north of Srebrenica.
The grave site, located in the village of Snagovo, is believed to contain the remains of Bosnians killed during the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, according to Murat Hurtic, chief of the team of medical experts in charge of the exhumation project.
Neum: Journalists and BiH officials visit "USS Mitscher"
“The most important thing is that the fugitives indicted by the ICTY are apprehended and this will happen, if not today, then tomorrow. As USS Mitscher, we do not give up, we do not forget”, underlined McElhaney...
Prosper: Serbia directly responsible for Mladic, but also for Karadzic if he is hiding in Serbia
US Ambassador for War Crimes Issues Pierre Richard Prosper said that Belgrade is directly responsible for the arrest and transfer of Ratko Mladic to the Hague Tribunal, but that it also has to take responsibility for Radovan Karadzic if information showing that he is hiding in Serbia appears...
PRESENTED RESULTS OF SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE ON SREBRENICA
SARAJEVO, July 25 (FENA) – International Scientific Conference “Genocide against the Bosniaks of UN safe haven Srebrenica July 1995 – lessons for future generations”, which took place from July 11 to 15 in Sarajevo and Potocari, has determined that genocide was in fact committed in the Srebrenica area, which calls for defining the crime and political implications of the crime from the legal point of view.